Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The 11:29 Project FAQ

It has been nearly 3 full years since the dream of the 11:29 Project came to life. For those who have asked what exactly is this project, here is a brief description. If you'd like to know more. Feel free to email me or find me on facebook and I'll send you all kinds of fun information! Enjoy


What is the vision and mission of The 11:29 Project?

The 11:29 Project was formed by Cari Jenkins out of a desire to see individuals and groups find true rest in Jesus. By true rest, we don't just mean that people will no longer be tired, but that people will be set free to walk in the way of Jesus, allowing all of who they are to rest in all of who HE is. True rest changes lives. Our mission statement is: The 11:29 Project is a ministry of availability and encouragement that creates spaces of rest and restoration for individuals and advocates for the marginalized globally.

The name of the 11:29 Project comes from Matthew 11:29: "take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." The Message paraphrase says it like this: "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


No comments:

Post a Comment