Thursday, April 15, 2010

To Be Lived

Every day I have the opportunity to make a choice. Am I going to read about good stories or am I going to live one? Jesus says in John 10:10 that, "the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I have come that you might have life and have it to the full." We are daily invited to live a full life.
John 3:16 says, "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, so that whoever believes in him might not die but have (and I believe experience) eternal life." Jesus did not come to die so that we could live mediocre lives. He came to model a way, speak a truth and be the life. Like he says in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus was not only speaking of how one relates to the Father, but he was also speaking of what and who HE is.
We as men and women who follow after Jesus are invited to participate in life with him. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." Jesus is the one who brings things to life so that they bear fruit.
I wonder what would happen if we chose to remain in Jesus, so much so that when we are prompted to act, to live into a better story that there is no hesitation, we simply respond to the prompting with in. To see His way as our way and the life He lives as the life we can find in Him and through Him.
So today, my hope is that I'll remain in Jesus and that I'll live the story He's writing in me.

What are your thoughts?

If you'd like to read a great book on this subject, read Donald Miller's book A Million Years in a Thousand Miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment